Inspired by the silhouette of Christian Dior's 1950's " new look" , our Silk Faille Skirt is a true collectors piece. Richly embroidered with tendrils of oxidized metallic beadwork and tonal threadwork that can only be fully appreciated when seen in the flesh, this piece traverses day to night, summer to winter. A skirt that embodies the glamour of the past yet is cool and contemporary also. Pleats cinch the waist to create a silhouette that is flattering for most. Wear it with a simple white silk camisole in the summer and slide or team it back with a boot and chunky knit for the winter months, this piece is as versatile as it is collectable. Dynamic, robust and with tailoring with an edge, describe this truly unique piece.
Created for the Winter 2009 Collection
• FULLY EMBROIDERED - AN ARTISANAL EMBROIDERY COMBINING METALLIC BEADS OF OXIDISED SILVER WITH TONAL THREADWORK. ONLY WHEN CLOSE CAN THE BEAUTY OF THIS EMBROIDERY BE FULLY APPRECIATED
• STRUCTURED HEAVY WEIGHT LOW SHEEN SILK COTTON FAILLE FABRICATION / FULLY LINED
• A SILHOUETTE INSPIRED BY MEGANS' LOVE OF CHRISTIAN DIORS' 1950'S 'NEW LOOK'
• PLEAT DETAILING TO DEFINE AND SHAPE THE WAIST
• WORN WITH STRUCTURED WOOL SHELL TOP
• MODEL 175CM WEARS SIZE 1 PINNED TO FIT
• DRY CLEAN F
• 50% SILK , 50% COTTON with 100% VISCOSE LINING