This remarkable piece is certainly one of the most impressive from the archive. Fully embellished with cut jet beads, glass bugles, and silken threads, the design works its way over the entirety of the coat to create a dramatic and lux statement. Crafted from a heavy silk taffeta there is a gentle lustre and structured body to the fabric. The lantern sleeves, broad open lapels and sash belt cinching the waist all work towards creating a flattering silhouette for the evening. Wear this coat over a simple evening dress or as a statement in its own right, perhaps even over skinny pants as our model is wearing. A true MP collectable.
Created for the 2006 winter collection.
• ELABORATE JET THREAD AND BEADWORK COMBINING CUT JET BEADS AND SILK THREADS - 200 HOURS OF EMBROIDERY
• HEAVY HIGH COUNT SILK TAFFETA FABRICATION
• RAGLAN LANTERN SHAPED SLEEVES
• SASH BELT TO DEFINE THE WAIST IF YOU SO DESIRE
• WORN WITH GATSBY SATIN SLIP DRESS
• MODEL 175CM, WEARS SIZES
• DRY CLEAN F
• 100% SILK TAFFETA WITH 100% POLYESTER MORACCAIN LINING