Our Kalia Silk Wool Wrap was created at a time when Megan's scarves were converted by the best stores internationally. Megan created these wraps almost as canvases to present showcase the artisanal embroidery handwork of her Indian kurigers whose skills she celebrates and continues to work with until today. This wrap is no exception. The base of the wrap is a soft toosha wool that has been elegantly hand embroidered using silver metallic zari and miniature mirrors using the zardosi technique to create the tendrils of meandering florals that sprawl across its surface. Oyster silk satin borders the wrap and the ends of the wrap are stamped with silver metallic pigment using the traditional woodblock printing method. The soft wool gauze that backs the wrap is light and lux against the skin. This wrap is a true collectible.
Created exclusively for the 2000 International winter collection
• PATCHWORKED DESIGN COMBINING SILK AND FINE TOOSHA WOOL
• INTRICATE AND REFINED HAND EMBROIDERY UTILIZING THE ZARDOSI TECHNIQUE
• ARTISINAL WOOD BLOCK PRINTED ENDS IN SILVER PIGMENT
• ELEGANT AND TIMELESS COLORATION
• FINE WOOL BACKING TO LUX COZY HANDFEEL
• A TRUE COLLECTORS PIECE
• SIZE : 47 X 180 CM
• DRY CLEAN (P)
• 70% FINE WOOL 30%SILK with 100% WOOL BACKING
Sorry this item is not available.