Perfect for the heat of summer, the Handloom Sundress is just the dress to wear -be it a city lunch date, a poolside cocktail or a piece to pack for your holiday getaway. The natural ecru of the organic cotton is offset by the decorative orange jacquard borders and embroidered motifs that detail this piece. Bountiful tassels add a playful finish to the hem of this dress while tiny mirrors are secured with hand embroidery to had a delicate twinkle when worn. Mother of pearl buttons close the front of this dress enabling you to open them up dependent on how much leg you prefer to show.
Intrinsic to the Megan Park brand is its connection to the artisans that create each piece. This piece is a testimony to this. Created in the desert of Kutch in Gujarat - a region bordering Pakistan in the far north west of India, this piece has been created purely by hand from start to finish. The organic cotton yarn has been firstly spun by hand before being hand woven on a wooden loom, tasseled and then embroidered with delicate mirrors- each stage employing traditional techniques that existed before the industrialization of the textile industry. Created within 1 family across 3 generations, the textile of this piece employed artisans who suffered greatly during the Covid lockdowns. It is a relationship that Megan hopes to maintain for seasons to come.
• ARTISINAL HANDLOOMED FABRIC , ORGANIC HAND SPUN YARN
• DELICATE MIRRORWORK HAND EMBROIDERY
• FRONT SIDE MOTHER OF PEARL BUTTON CLOSURE
• EASY FIT
• MODEL 180CM/ AUS SIZE 8, WEARS SIZE S
• WORN WITH GODESS TRIO CHARM NECKLACE & BRASS PEARL NECKSTRAND
• GENTLE COLD HANDWASH / DRY CLEANABLE (P)
• 100% HANDLOOM COTTON W / ORGANIC COTTON LINING- HAND SPUN / HAND WOVEN YARN